- Attorney-at-law, Ukraine
- Recommended for Arbitration and Mediation by the 12th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Ukraine (2022)
Victoria Ivasechko is an Of Counsel at Queritius. She focuses on international investment arbitration, international commercial arbitration, cross-border and domestic litigation, as well as enforcement proceedings. Victoria specialises in energy and natural resources, construction, infrastructure, financial institutions, agribusiness, TMT, and FMCG.
Victoria has been involved in arbitration proceedings under ICC, LCIA, SCC, VIAC, CAM, NAI, ICAC at the UCCI, ICSID, and UNCITRAL arbitration rules. She also has represented clients in complex cross-border litigation and high-profile domestic litigation. Victoria acts for clients before Ukrainian and foreign courts of all levels and specialisations, including commercial, corporate, administrative and labour disputes, insolvency proceedings, criminal proceedings, as well as cases on setting aside, recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign court decisions.
Victoria is a board member of the International Law Committee at the Ukrainian Bar Association. She also coaches the Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University Vis Moot team and arbitrates various arbitration-related moot court competitions.
Victoria is included in the 12th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Ukraine (2022) for her work in Arbitration and Mediation.
Victoria has nearly 10 years of experience in legal practice, with almost 7 in leading Ukrainian and international law firms.Load more
INVESTMENT TREATY ARBITRATION
- Advising an investor in PCA Case No. 2017-23 (Igor Boyko v. Ukraine) under the Ukraine-Russian Federation BIT.
- Advising an investor in an UNCITRAL arbitration under the Ukraine-Russian Federation BIT over the alleged taking of shares in a Ukrainian company.
- Advising investors in an ICSID arbitration over the alleged expropriation of the majority stake in the plant.
- Advising the State of Ukraine in SCC Case No. V 2015/092 (Littop and others v. Ukraine) under the Energy Charter Treaty.
- Acting for a Czech manufacturer against a major Ukrainian nuclear power-generation company in arbitration under the VIAC Rules of Arbitration and Conciliation (Vienna Rules).
- Acting for a major international electronics producer in a series of ICAC-at-the-UCCI arbitrations against a Turkish guarantor under a complex equipment supply contract.
- Acting for a Czech manufacturer against a major Ukrainian nuclear power-generation company in an arbitration under ICAC-at-the-UCCI rules.
- Acting for a Ukrainian enterprise providing ammonia transportation services against a foreign customer in an arbitration under ICAC-at-the-UCCI rules.
- Acting for an English gas equipment supplier against a Ukrainian company specialising in exploration, development, processing and production of gas fields and petroleum products in an arbitration under LCIA arbitration rules.
- Acting for a large international agricultural company against a corporation designing and manufacturing grain storage and processing systems in an arbitration under ICC arbitration rules.
- Acting for the UBOs of a large international group of companies in an arbitration under NAI arbitration rules.
- Advising PAO Tatneft on issues of Ukrainian law before the Commercial Court of the High Court of Justice (England and Wales) in the matter of PAO Tatneft v. Ukraine (court docket No. CL-2017-000252). This case relates to the enforcement in England of the arbitral award in the UNCITRAL investment arbitration of PAO Tatneft v. Ukraine, PCA case No. 2008-8.
- Acting for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in a USD 80 million enforcement of a secured syndicated loan against one of Ukraine’s largest private rail operators.
- Acting for Raiffeisen Bank International in cross-border enforcement of Ukrainian mortgages and pledges securing a USD 100 million loan against the Milkiland group, a major Ukrainian dairy producer.
- Acting for RHI Glas GmbH, a global leading supplier of high-grade refractory materials, in proceedings for leave to enforce the VIAC award in Ukraine and having it actually enforced in three parallel enforcement proceedings.
- Acting for a major international electronics producer in court proceedings initiated by a Turkish surety aiming at setting aside the arbitral awards rendered in favour of the electronics producer.
- Acting for Members of Parliament and NGOs in a series of administrative cases challenging resolutions of the state energy regulator fixing wholesale off-take energy prices for thermal power generation companies.
- Acting for an international shipping company in an administrative claim on challenging the blocking of its vessel in a Ukrainian seaport.
- Acting for a major international electronics producer in a case brought over violations of Article 6 of the ECHR and Article 1 of the First Protocol.
- Board Member of the International Law Committee at the Ukrainian Bar Association.
- Coach of the Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University Vis Moot team.
- Arbitrator at various arbitration-related moot court competitions.
- MA in International Law | International Trade Regulation, Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, 2016.
- BA in International Law, Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, 2014.