- Hungary, Ügyvéd
Petra Pataki is an Of Counsel at Queritius. She focuses her practise on high-stakes international and domestic commercial disputes and litigation with international elements before Hungarian courts. She has experience handling such cases before various arbitral forums, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Vienna Arbitral Centre (VIAC), the Permanent Arbitration Court attached to the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MKIK), as well as ad hoc arbitration under the rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
Petra’s experience includes arbitration cases brought under various types of commercial and construction contracts. Her litigation experience extends to commercial, regulatory, and labour law disputes, as well as at all levels of court. Petra has worked across a multitude of industry areas, including the transportation, manufacturing, retail, IT, and energy sectors and has advised clients with their disputes pre- and post-litigation.
Petra is completing her studies as a psychologist and draws on her knowledge as a negotiator to support her experience. Her main area of interest is how memory distortions occur and how to prevent biases in judicial proceedings.
Petra has 10 years of experience working at top international law firms. Before joining Queritius, Petra was a senior lawyer in international dispute-resolution groups of leading global law firms in Budapest.Load more
- Advising the Hungarian subsidiary of a Swedish automotive safety manufacturer in a dispute regarding the validity of certain services agreements before the Court of Arbitration attached to the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce;
- Counsel to one of the world’s biggest livestock and meat trader company in an arbitration against Russian and Kazakh entities in relation to sea transport issues;
- A Czech subsidiary of an American construction company before the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the collection of a EUR 10 million penalty against a delayed Austrian subcontractor;
- Advising an American food chain company against a Hungarian franchisee in various arbitration enforcement proceedings.
- Advising a French global player active in the water management and energy services in litigation in five parallel cases against a former creditor and supplier;
- Advising a major construction company in a high-value dispute related to the construction of a waste-management facility;
- Counsel to a financial institution in litigation in eight parallel cases before the competent Hungarian courts based on an unlawful enrichment claim;
- Counsel to a UK-based global electronics trader in relation to disputes concerning the performance of various sale and purchase agreements;
- Representing an Estonian construction company in relation to a public procurement dispute arising out of the construction of a metro line;
- Representing a global retail giant in a commercial lease dispute and a marketing dispute;
- Representing an electrical engineering company in litigation in two cases before the competent Hungarian courts against a supplier applying unlawful overpricing practise and against the owner and operator of a wheat processing plant;
- B.A., Psychology, SZTE Szeged, 2022
- J.D., ELTE Budapest, 2012