- Poland, Adwokat
- New York, Attorney-at-Law
Joanna Iwanicka is an Associate at Queritius. She is a dual-qualified lawyer licensed to practice law in New York and Poland. She focuses on international and domestic dispute settlement.
Prior to joining Queritius, Joanna worked in a top-tier law firm in Poland, where she negotiated commercial agreements for global companies, including purchasing, distribution, independent contractor, and marketing agreements in a variety of sectors. She supervised, managed, and handled litigation and mediated disputes primarily related to domestic and cross-border matters involving, among others, the sale of goods, intellectual property, and new technologies.
Joanna’s knowledge and training gained throughout her work within the EU and UN institutional framework prepared her to handle complex transnational disputes that define the current legal and business environment.
Joanna is a Chairwoman of the American and British Law Section of the Warsaw Bar Association.
She is an active member of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) International Law. Joanna represented NYSBA as an observer at the 77th Session of UNCITRAL Dispute Resolution Working Group III, held in February 2023 in New York.Load more
- Counsel for a CEE manufacturer from the FMCG industry in an ICDR arbitration against a global beverages producer
- Counsel to a construction company in international arbitration regarding energy infrastructure in the Baltic states under SCC rules
- Counsel for a Dutch investment fund in a dispute over an investment agreement and shareholders’ agreement
- Counsel for a Swiss FMCG company in litigation under the supply agreement
- Iwanicka J., Sadowski W., Poland. Will Arbitration Ease Backlog in National Courts, ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin 2022, Issue 1, p.33-35
- Foundations of International Arbitration: Theory and Practice, Harvard Law School, 2023
- International Arbitration Skills Masterclass Certificate, American Bar Association, 2022
- M. in International Business and Trade Law, Fordham University School of Law in New York, 2019
- United Nations Learning Center for Career Development and Multilingualism, United Nations Headquarters, 2018
- IELI Certification, Hunter College, City University of New York, 2018
- Graduate Attorney-at-Law 3-years Mandatory Training, the Warsaw Bar Association, 2015
- Trainee, European Parliament, the Legal Affairs Committee and Committee on Regional Development, 2012
- A. in law, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, 2012