Alexey Pirozhkin is an Associate at Queritius. He focuses on international arbitration and cross-border litigation.
Alexey has 7 years of dispute-resolution experience gained through his tenure at international law firms and service with an international judicial body.
He has experience participating in the resolution of complex international disputes in, among others, the fields of construction, international trade, M&A, and pharmaceuticals under different arbitration rules, including SCC, ICC, VIAC, LCIA, CIETAC, Lewiatan Court of Arbitration, the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI.
During his LLM studies at Uppsala University (Sweden) Alexey worked as an intern at the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce. This experience allows him to understand how international disputes are managed from the institutional perspective and to use this knowledge for the best of the clients.Load more
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE | COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION
- Acting for a European private equity fund in an ICC arbitration against multiple respondents related to an acquisition of a CEE manufacturing company
- Acting for a CEE manufacturer from the FMCG industry in an ICDR arbitration against a global beverages producer
- Representing a financial advisory firm in a dispute under the Rules of Lewiatan Court of Arbitration arising from provision of financial advisory services
- Representing a large supplier of energy equipment and services in a dispute under the Rules of the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI
- Acting for a major Belarusian factory in a VIAC arbitration in a dispute arising out of an EPC contract for the construction of a complex industrial production facility
- Advising a world-leading engineer and constructor of energy objects within the SCC arbitration against a Belarusian company arising out of an EPC contract
- Acting for a Belarusian buyer in a dispute under UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules administered by CIETAC
- Acting for a foreign bank in a dispute considered by IAC at the BelCCI arising out of a receivable assignment under a delivery contract
- Advising a Belarusian distributor of pharmaceuticals in a potential dispute under LCIA Rules against a global pharmaceuticals producer arising out of a distribution agreement
- Guidance from Ukraine: Are Emergency Arbitration Decisions in Investment Treaty Disputes Enforceable? Kluwer Arbitration Blog, 2021
- Oshmyan, A. Pirozhkin, et al., International Arbitration in Belarus, Mondaq.com, 2021
- Pirozhkin, Emergency Arbitrator’s Decisions in Investment Treaty Disputes at the SCC (2014-2019), the SCC publication, 2020
- Magnusson et al., 2020 National Report on Sweden in the “ICCA International Handbook on Commercia Arbitration”, 2020
- LLM in Investment Treaty Arbitration, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2020
- Specialist degree in International Law, Belarusian State University, Belarus, 2017 (summa cum laude)