- Hungary, Ügyvéd
- England & Wales, Solicitor
- Legal 500 UK 2021 – recommended for international arbitration
- Who’s Who Legal International Arbitration 2021 – Future Leader
Dániel Dózsa is a partner of Queritius. He focuses his practice on contentious EU regulatory and competition matters and on high-stakes international commercial and investor-state disputes. He has experience handling such cases before the world’s leading arbitral fora, including the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), as well as under the rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
Dániel’s experience includes cases brought under bilateral investment treaties and multilateral investment treaties such as the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT), as well as under various types of commercial and investment contracts. Dániel has represented private companies, state-owned enterprises, and national governments in major international arbitration cases, including in “bet-the-company” disputes, and has advised parties involving oil and gas, electricity, telecommunications, and a wide range of EU law matters.
Dániel is a guest lecturer of International Dispute Resolution at Leiden Law School, the Netherlands, where he also pursues a Ph.D. in Intra-EU dispute resolution.
Dániel has almost 15 years of experience working at top international law firms. Before joining Queritius, Dániel was a senior lawyer in international dispute-resolution groups of leading global law firms in Washington, D.C., London and Budapest.
Dániel is listed among the “Future Leaders of Arbitration” for 2021 by Who’s Who Legal and recognized by The Legal 500 UK as “amazing at cross-examining witnesses” and having a “thorough understanding of ECT case law.”Load more
INVESTMENT TREATY ARBITRATION
- Counsel to MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas Company Plc in an investment dispute before an international arbitral tribunal against the Republic of Croatia, regarding the Republic of Croatia’s treatment of MOL’s investment in Croatian oil company INA
- Counsel to the Czech Republic in an investment dispute before an international arbitral tribunal regarding the conduct of certain bankruptcy proceedings in the Czech Republic
- Counsel to Hungary in an investment dispute before an international arbitration tribunal regarding the conduct of certain bankruptcy proceedings in Hungary
- Counsel to Hungary in an investment dispute before an international arbitral tribunal related to the termination of certain long-term power purchase agreements by the state-owned electricity company
- Counsel to a sovereign wealth fund before an international arbitral tribunal in relation to a dispute regarding a greenfield aluminium refinery in India
- Counsel to a Lebanese steel trading company before an international arbitral tribunal in a dispute concerning a steel production agreement with a Chinese state-owned company
- Advising a tech company in relation to an intellectual property dispute concerning the validity of certain patents in the USA
- Advising a Hungarian oil and gas company in relation to a shareholders’ dispute in the Middle East
- Counsel to a Hungarian oil and gas company in relation to a dispute concerning the validity of certain agreements entered into with the Croatian state
- Counsel to a Hungarian electricity generation company in an international arbitration regarding the development of an electricity transmission line linking Hungary with Serbia.
- Counsel to a Hungarian telecommunications company regarding a shareholders’ dispute.
- Advising an oil and gas company in relation to several hostile takeover bids
- Counsel to a Hungarian state-owned electricity producer in a dispute concerning a failed renewable-electricity generation project.
- Counsel to a Hungarian state-owned electricity producer concerning a dispute regarding the development of power plant projects in the CEE region.
- Counsel to a Dutch bank in relation to litigation proceedings arising out of the bankruptcy of the bank’s debtor
EU REGULATORY AND COMPETITION
- Counsel to the Hungarian State Asset Management Authority in merger control proceedings before the European Commission for the acquisition of automotive component manufacturing company RABA
- Counsel to Heineken in antitrust proceedings initiated by the Hungarian National Competition Authority
- Counsel to Fortune 500 company DaVita in the coordination of merger control proceedings for the acquisition of health centres across five jurisdictions
- Counsel to Hungarian Transmission System Operator MAVIR in antitrust proceedings initiated by the Hungarian Competition Authority for the alleged abuse of dominant position
- Counsel to an international industrial conglomerate in merger control proceedings before the Hungarian Competition Authority for the acquisition of a food-processing business
- Counsel to a telecommunications investor in merger control proceedings before the Hungarian Competition Authority for the acquisition of a national radio station
- Counsel to an oil and gas company regarding a dispute over the compliance of certain gas supply agreements with EU gas-market and competition rules
- PhD Candidate, Leiden Law School
- LL.M, Leiden Law School, 2006
- JD, ELTE Budapest, 2005