- Attorney-at-law, Ukraine
- Member of the Ukrainian Bar Association’s civil law committee.
Hanna Marunych is an Associate at Queritius, and an attorney-at-law admitted in Ukraine. She has more than 7 years of experience in dispute resolution, including in international law firms.
She focuses on cross-border and domestic litigation and international commercial arbitration. She specialises in legal matters pertaining to agribusiness, construction, energy and natural resources, and pharmaceuticals. She also provides external review of compliance with anti-bribery and fraud legislation. Hanna acts for clients in complex commercial matters as well as annulment and domestic enforcement proceedings.
Hanna holds a doctorate in civil procedural law from the National Academy of Internal Affairs in Kyiv.Load more
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE | COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION
- Acting for an international equipment producer against a major Ukrainian nuclear power-generation company in an arbitration proceeding under ICAC rules.
- Acting for an international equipment producer against a major Ukrainian nuclear power-generation company in an arbitration proceeding under VIAC Rules of Arbitration (Vienna Rules).
- Acting for a leading manufacturer of cardboard against Austrian and Belorussian suppliers in an arbitration proceeding under ICAC rules.
- Advising a Ukrainian petroleum company defending in enforcement proceedings of an award granted by the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw.
- Acting for a global hedge fund in a dispute with a Ukrainian company for the recovery of interest under a loan agreement before Ukrainian courts.
- Acting for a local developer in disputes with state and local authorities over the construction of a residential estate, in particular concerning the cancelation of decisions on imposing fines and extending the land lease agreement.
- Advising a large steel company in an administrative dispute on the return of overpaid land tax of more than UAH 17 million.
- Acting for a joint-stock company producing construction materials in a dispute with state authorities over the termination of a land lease agreement.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (in Ukrainian)
- Marunych H.: The recovery of unjustly kept lease payments: the algorithm for protection of actual land user’s interests, in Liga Law, 22 October 2020.
- Marunych H.: Checklist in the negotiations: how to arrange contractual relations with the landlord of commercial real estate during quarantine, at ZN.UA, 30 April 2020.
- Marunych H., Lutskyi M.: Cassation excellence, in Yurydychna Gazeta, 2 September 2019.
- Marunych H.: What you need to know about force majeure in agriculture, in Agravery, 19 September 2019.
- Marunych H.: Comparative legal analysis of the mechanisms of prevention of undue delay of civil proceedings under foreign countries’ legislation, in National Law Journal: Theory and Practice No. 5, September 2018, pp. 120-127.
- Marunych H.: The postponement of judicial consideration in terms of the undue delay of civil proceedings, in Actual Problems of National Jurisprudence No. 2, vol. 2, 2017, pp. 40-45.
- Marunych H.: The appointment of the examiner and examination in a civil case: problems with undue delay in civil proceedings, in Subcarpathian Law Herald No. 5 (20), 2017, pp. 73-79.
- Marunych H.: Undue delay of civil proceedings and abuse of civil procedural rights: the correlation of concepts, in Entrepreneurship, Economy and Law No. 9 (247), September 2016, pp. 13-18.
- Ph.D. in civil procedural law, National Academy of Internal Affairs, Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019
- MA, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, 2014