Karolina Czarnecka is an Associate at Queritius. She focuses on international arbitration and dispute settlement.
Before joining Queritius, she worked in a leading global arbitration law firm in Paris where she gained experience in large commercial- and investment-arbitration cases. She completed her LLM at Sciences Po, Paris, which focused on transnational arbitration and dispute settlement.
Her work includes M&A and banking law matters with two big law firms in Warsaw.
She is currently pursuing her PhD at the University of Warsaw, focusing her thesis on business and human rights arbitration.Load more
M&A AND BANKING LAW
INVESTMENT TREATY ARBITRATION
- Counsel in an ICC investment arbitration case in the banking industry, focusing on the issues of jurisdiction in an intra-EU BIT.
- Counsel in an ICSID annulment proceedings in a case in the voucher industry.
- Assistant to an arbitrator on a large-scale ICC construction arbitration case.
- Counsel in several commercial arbitration proceedings in the automotive, aviation, and maritime industries, including cases administered by the ICC.
Karolina has advised entities including (i) bank BGZ BNP Paribas in relation to an investment in the TLC Group, (ii) the NPN II fund in relation to an investment agreement on the sale of 100% of shares in Comfort S.A., (iii) Avia Prime (aviation industry), and (iv) Inelo in relation to an agreement that included the sale of a majority of shares in Inelo and OCRK to a fund managed by Innova Capital.Load more
- PhD Candidate, University of Warsaw, thesis defence expected in 2020
- LLM in Transnational Arbitration and Dispute Settlement, Sciences Po, Paris, 2019
- Master of Laws, Kozminski University, 2016